I've always wanted to write a bucket list, I just haven't really known where/when or what to write. I decided recently that because I like to add a few lifestyle posts a month to my blog, that June is probably the most appropriate month to share my Summer bucket list with you, after all, it is nearly Summer isn't it? For me, Summer starts as soon as June ends. I have an unfortunately busy and boring month in June because of University commitments but once that's done, the world is my oyster (until September anyway). So let's get started and get excited for the months ahead...
I used my notebook given to me by Boohoo as part of their #experienceeverything campaign and I got writing...
At first it was just an empty page with a title at the top. How on earth can I write everything I want to do this Summer onto a list I thought? Sometimes, the best adventures and times are the ones that you can't plan but it's nice to have a few ideas jotted down...
I decided to get to work and get my thinking head on.
1. Take More Polaroids - I have the most beautiful polaroid camera and I want to make a polaroid wall in my bedroom, I want to capture all my favourite memories and moments on my polaroid camera because let's face it, it's so much cooler than using a mobile phone!?
2. Travel - I love travelling, they're right when they say 'once you get the travel bug, you can't stop'. Honestly, I have the travel bug. The world is so big and amazing, there's so much to see (a lottery win would be nice too so that I could actually see it though). In July I am heading away for a nice beach holiday - possibly Mexico!? and I am also going to Rome and Florence, I am so excited! Europe is seriously beautiful and I feel as if I just haven't explored it enough.
3. Be Happy - I don't want to be upset this Summer, or ever really! So naturally 'happiness' had to come high up on my bucket list. I wrote a blog post all about the importance of happiness which I'd love for you to read.
4. See Friends - I feel as though my friends are all scattered everywhere, some are at University across the country whilst others work full time and rarely get time off, some of my best friends live abroad and I haven't seen them since the Olympics in 2012. It would be great to just see everyone before I go to Canada in August.
5. Go Camping! - I haven't been camping for years and this Summer I WILL go camping! I'm dying to pitch up a tent, barbecue some sausages and watch the stars - maybe jump in a river too.
6. Go To A Festival - I spent my childhood at Leeds Festival and now I'm older, I never go to festivals. I'd love to go to Coachella but I'm sure that won't be happening as it's not until 2015!
7. Go Kayaking! - I had the most amazing time in Vietnam kayaking through beautiful hills and secluded coves, I would love to go kayaking this Summer at some point and try to re-live it. I love sport and I particularly love water sports but haven't done them for years properly.
8. Do More Extreme Sports - This brings me onto another bucket list item, do more extreme sports. When I was younger I did athletics for my county, ice-skating, gymnastics, snowboarding, power kiting and more. Whilst some of those aren't extreme sports, hopefully it shows you that I love sport, I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie and I'd love to try my hand at surfing this summer, my goal is to try surfing!
9. See My Family - My Grandparents are my world and I want to make sure I spend as much time with them as possible this Summer.
10. Make a Wish In The Trevi Fountain - Even though I spelt this wrong, 'trevi' - I would love to do a Hilary Duff and make a wish in the Trevi fountain (if anyone remembers that from her film in Rome). It's something I've dreamed of doing since I was a little girl and this Summer, I'll hopefully finally get the chance to do it in Rome with my boyfriend.
11. Sky Dive - Another extreme sport, I want to do something crazy, something that scares me and this would petrify me.
12. See More Of Britain - Britain is a beautiful place, it truly is and I feel like there's still so much to see. I'd love to get a campervan, a picnic, a camera and just see where the day takes me, then watch the sunset somewhere special.
13. Eat My Body Weight In Ice-Cream - As you'll have probably noticed if you follow me on Instagram (emshelx), I LOVE ice cream, I seem to be having one large ice cream every week at the moment and I hope to increase this during the Summer period! One a day!
14. Meet New People - I love meeting new people and hopefully Summer will bring lots of new exciting people into my life. I still feel like there are so many amazing people out there that I haven't met yet.
15. Make Some Memories - Obviously I want to make some incredible memories that I won't ever forget, with my favourite people.
16. Show My Boyfriend The Delights Of Yorkshire - I feel like some people really don't appreciate how beautiful Yorkshire is and I really haven't even shown my boyfriend around properly. Before I go to Canada, I want to make sure I've been to the most beautiful parts of Yorkshire.
17. Spend Quality Time With My Mum - Obviously I want to spend some quality time with my Mum, she's my best friend and the most incredible person in my life. It's going to break my heart when I have to say goodbye to her for a few months when I go to Canada, so quality time together will be perfect this Summer. My brother too!
18. Blog and Vlog about my Adventures - Last but not least? I want to share all of my adventures with you! In August I am taking a huge life-changing decision and travelling Canada/America for quite a few months and I cannot wait to take my blog with me, not to mention, document my Summer too. Obviously we'll have fashion and beauty posts too - I can't wait to see all the new Summer beauty releases and see what Canada and America have to offer when it comes to beauty and fashion. I'm also hoping to get a new blog design soon, so stay tuned!
Naturally there are so many things I want to do this Summer, I want to ride a horse on the beach, I want to swim with dolphins, I'd love to have a picnic on a rowing boat. But truthfully, I am really easily pleased, a picnic in my garden with my family is perfect for me.
I'd love to know about your bucket list, any life goals you have or your Summer bucket list - please let me know in the comments and do tweet me if anything comes to mind!
Lots of love, Em x
Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin!