Christmas is coming (I am so excited to be able to finally say that!) and on the 1st December, not only am I doing vlogmas this year (yes, finally!), pretty please make sure you're subscribed here so you can see my videos, it would mean the world to me but also, it's the time to open advent calendars! I'm a sucker for a chocolate advent calendar and definitely have my eyes on a big Lindt one this year (Matt has his eyes on a Hotel Chocolat one if he's lucky) but I'm so excited to see that top beauty brands have really upped their game this year when it comes to advent calendars. Do not fear if you haven't got yourself an advent calendar yet, because I'm here with the ultimate guide, treat yourself or use this as a hint for a loved one!
Kiehl's Beauty Advent Calendar 2016 - Me without a Kiehl's advent calendar would be like me without a coat this Winter, it just isn't going to happen. When I saw that Kiehl's had a beauty advent calendar out I almost cried. As you'll know if you've read my blog post about how I got rid of underskin spots and transformed my skincare routine, you'll know that I am a huge Kiehl's fan. The Midnight Recovery Oil? It's been my holy grail product for at least 4 years now. Their Creme De Corps? My whole family are hooked. It's safe to say that Kiehl's can do no wrong so it was only natural that I got my hands on this beautiful advent calendar. This is definitely one you could share with the boyfriend too, I wouldn't say it's too 'girlie'. Brimmed full of skincare favourites, you need this in your life, particularly if you love natural products. Sadly, it's old out but you could buy some Kiehl's treats online here and make your own!
Ciate Mini Mani Month - This is the cutest little advent calendar. I like it because it's compact but so beautiful at the same time. Give me copper any day. If you're a nail varnish lover, this is for you, brimmed full of mini colours. Online here.
Benefit Beauty Advent Calendar - Everyone goes crazy for anything Benefit and there's a reason for that: the brand is epic. They're the best when it comes to making new, innovative products that get everyone talking. Benefit products aren't just gimmicky though, they actually work. I've always loved Benefit so to have their advent calendar this year is just a little bit exciting. It does seem like it's targeted at a younger audience (it even sings when you open it) but it'll certainly cheer me up every morning in December! Online here.
The Body Shop Advent Calendars - My first ever advent calendar was from The Body Shop and it certainly wasn't my last. The Body Shop are the originals when it comes to beauty advent calendars, full of incredible products and a lot of full sized ones too. The Body Shop don't do things in half measures and their advent calendar proves that. I am so excited to open this. Online here.
If you're looking for something a little more lightweight and not so expensive, then go for this one by The Body Shop, the great thing is that The Body Shop's range of advent calendars mean they're available no matter what your price range is. This one still contains loads of best sellers. Online here.
More advent calendars I'd recommend (I don't have these in my life unfortunately!):
- Jo Malone - If you read my blog post all about the top Jo Malone products then you'll know just how incredible I think the brand is. Their advent calendar is one of the most expensive on the market, but if money is no object and you're a big Jo fan, this one's definitely for you. Sadly, it's sold out but keep an eye on it here.
- Diptyque - One of my absolutely favourite brands for beautiful candles is Diptyque. From their packaging, to their beautiful scents, everything about the brand makes me fall in love. Their advent calendar is the ultimate calendar when it comes to luxury. Unfortunately it's sold out but it does keep coming back in stock so if money is no object, get this one and Jo! See it online here.
- Lindt - Cheap and cheerful, you can't turn down a Lindt advent calendar, the best chocolates. Online here.
- Selfridges - Selfridges beauty workshop advent calendar is full of little luxuries and one of the more affordable luxury calendars. Online here.
- ASOS - Ah ASOS have an advent calendar this year! Full of lovely beauty bits, it's a very good one to go for! Online here.
- Charlotte Tilbury - Charlotte Tilbury's advent calendar is the one I swoon over every year. One of my absolute favourite brands, imagine getting a Tilbury gift every single day? Please Santa. Online here and here.
- Molton Brown - This looks to me like a unisex advent calendar and I want it purely because it looks so gorgeous. If you read my recent blog post all about my top Autumn pamper products, you'll know just how obsessed I am with Molton Brown at the moment. I need this. Online here.
P.S You can always buy your own online here and then put in mini beauty products and treats! I'm going to try do this!
Shop advent calendars below:
Do you have an advent calendar yet? Are you going for homemade, traditional or beauty?
Lots of love, Em x
Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin! to stay up to date with my posts!
I would also love it if you could subscribe to me on YouTube here!